Install any linux from a usb the easy way


Are you tired of wasting all your disks on linux distros?
Mabye your cd drive is broken?
Or mabye you cant be bothered to get a disk out and burn the linux iso?

In this instructable I am going to show you how to install linux from a usb the easiest way I know how.
 
Step 1What you need

    
                                       
Ok,what you need is...
1.A copy of linux.This can be any one you want. If you havent got one then have
a look around and see what suites you the best.If you are looking for a simple user
friendly os I would suggest linux mint http://www.linuxmint.com/

2.You will need this program http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

3. A usb =)
 
Step 2Unetbootin
This is a video of me putting Linux mint on my USB, It wont ask you to overwrite anything like it did on the video(that was because I already had a copy on my USB).
It was also taking a long time to extract so I just ended the video.It will finish extracting and ask you to reboot.If you are installing it on the PC you used for this then reboot.If its for another computer then just remove the USB. 
 
Step 3You have Linux on a USB!!!


Ok now that linux is on your usb you are ready to install it on your computer.Go into the bios and set it to read from usb during boot.This is different for every computer so do some research =D.Once you have set it restart with the usb plugged in.You will see a screen like in the image.Choose default and let it do its thing!!!
 
Step 4Now install it
 


Now its all loaded up and on the home screen(hopefully).
You will see a icon that looks like a disk and says install.
Click on it and it will...you got it INSTALL.
Then during the install you will need to answer a few things but its so simple.
You will have to reboot and it will all be done!!!
 
Step 5Finished
Well that it, you should have Linux working.If something went wrong or you don't understand then just ask a question!
If I have left anything out or you think there is a way to make this better then feel free to tell me, I don't bite =) (and even if I did your safe on your side of the internet)

THANKS FOR READING.

0 Comments
Disqus
Fb Comments
Comments :

0 comments:

Post a Comment